Frequently Asked Questions
  1. How do I get someone out of jail?
  2. The easiest way is to pay a Bail Bond Company to post a surety bond. You generally have to pay the bondsmen 10% of the total amount of the bond. Otherwise, you can post a cash bond for the full amount of the bond. If you post a cash bond, you will get the full amount of the bond returned to you once the case is disposed.

  3. Should I talk to the police?
  4. My advice is to not talk to the police in most instances. If you confess, the prosecutor will not take it easy on you. Instead his plea bargain offer will be higher because he knows he has a slam dunk case. If you do decide to talk to the police, I recommend you have a lawyer with you.

  5. How do I clear my record?
  6. You have to file a Petition for Expungement to clear your record. If the Petition is granted, you can legally claim that you never were arrested for the offense.

  7. Should I take the breath test?
  8. If you are placed under arrest for DWI, don’t take the breath test unless you are absolutely sure you are below .08. A person who weighs 150 pounds generally has to have 4 beers in their system in order to register a .08.

  9. Do I need a lawyer if I am innocent of the charges?
  10. Absolutely! If the police feel there is enough evidence to make an arrest, you definitely need a lawyer to fight for you and get your case dismissed or win an acquittal at trial.

  11. If I hire you, do I have to pay the full balance for the attorney fees?
  12. No. I will work with and we can establish a monthly payment plan. I take Mastercard and Visa if that is more convenient for you.

  13. How will I know when my case is set in the Grand Jury?
  14. You will not be notified when your case is set for the Grand Jury. If you wish to present evidence to the Grand Jury of will to testify, it is best to hire a lawyer to discuss your options. A lawyer can also monitor your case to see when the case will go before the Grand Jury.

  15. Do I have to appear at all Court settings?
  16. In Dallas County, you must appear at all Court setting for felony offenses. You only have to appear on a Misdemeanor case when it is set for a dispositive setting such as a Plea or a Trial. In most other counties, you must appear at every setting.

  17. If I did take the Breath Test, is my case a lost cause?
  18. Absolutely not. The Intoxilyzer is not infallible and its results can be attacked by an experienced lawyer.

  19. How do I choose a Lawyer?
  20. Hire someone who is experienced in Criminal Law. One way you know you are getting an experienced attorney is to hire someone who is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation
phone number